1. Johnny is going home Oct. 20th : (
2. We were on the evening news in Bogota
3. The video we received before we traveled to Bogota, isn't Manny
4. We met the actual baby from the video!
Johnny is going home Oct. 20th : (
Since the Judicial strike is the at 38 days today (The longest in the history of Colombia) We have decided we will need to conserve as much money as possible, and also decided it would be best if we had at least one income coming in the door. We are preparing for the worst, which is the possibility of me being here into the new year. We don't want to even think that it will come to that, but It's better to be prepared, just in case. Luckily, I will have the company of two other Minnesota families here at our hotel, and I've also met a couple of wonderful friends here in Bogota.
We were on the evening news in Bogota
Our representative received a phone call from the child welfare office (ICBF) asking if she had any adoptive families that are stuck here because of the strike and if they would like to be interviewed for the evening news. So, the news crew came to the hotel and so did a bunch of other families that are staying in Bogota. They were mostly from France and Belgium. Many families have been here for 3 months now. Johnny and I did not get interviewed by the reporter because we don't speak spanish, however, we are in the broadcast. Here is the link to the news station's website and the online broadcast. The adoption story is about 11 minutes into the broadcast.
Click here to view the video on Bogota TV
The video we received before we traveled to Bogota isn't Manny
If you don't remember the video story, check out my posting from August 24th.
We met the actual baby from the video!
When the news people and other families were at our hotel for the taping of the adoption story, we noticed a family sitting at the table next to us with their baby boy. I told them, I think your baby looks alot like ours, don't you?! They agreed, and we got to talking about their ages, which they are only a few days apart. They told us their son was from Los Pisingos Orphanage and so is Manny. I kept looking at this baby and then it hit me! He was the actual baby from the video, not Manny. So, Johnny went up to our room to grab the laptop, and we showed them the video and told them the story behind it. After watching the video again and looking at their son, we are convinced that it is Baby Hugo. How incredible! Here are a couple of pictures of the two of them side by side. I especially like the one where Manny is pulling Hugo's ear and Hugo is crying. What a big bruiser!
So, I told them I would try to email the video to them if they were to give me their email address. So we exchanged information and parted ways. When we went back up into the room, I looked into ways I could email the video, in a format compatible with Mac and Windows, but couldn't figure it out. I thought back to when we packed for our trip and realized that for some weird reason, I decided to bring the DVD of the video. (Must have been fate) That night I tried sending them an email to let them know that I had the DVD, but it came back as undeliverable. So, I tried a few other spellings, just in case I misread his handwriting and none of them went through either. I felt bad, because I didn't want them to think I blew them off.
The next day, Johnny went for a long walk, and he was about 6 miles from our hotel in a store, when he looked up and saw Hugo and his family! He told them about the DVD and they will be coming to our hotel to pick it up. What a strange sequence of events.
In a few minutes, the Dr. will be here to give Manny his next series of Shots. I'll report back on that tomorrow, with some pictures. In the meantime, here are more pictures from the last few days.
Lots of Love,Dulcie, Johnny and Manny



Glad to see all is well, bummer about Johnny leaving. But in all seriousness. . . Man blog, Man blog, Man blog!!!!
ReplyDelete:) Julie
Whew! That was a lot of information! First of all, we are sorry to hear that Johnny had to leave--it's hard on everyone involved--but we totally understand the uncertainty you are facing. I am sure it is comforting to all of the families to know that you will have each other once the guys leave. Between having each other and all the wonderful Colombian people there, you will be just fine!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool story that was about baby Hugo and the video tape!! The boys really do look very similar!! Are you sure they didn't split up twins?!?!:0) Very cute to see them together but you need to remind Mr Manny that he won't get invited to very many birthday parties if he pulls his friend's ears!!! By the way, I told Brian that I would like to know if Hugo's daddy is available for adoption!!! You can imagine how that went over! :0P
The pictures of Manny are so cute! You can really see his personality coming out in them!! We can't wait to meet that little guy!!!
Buenas Noches!
Mary & family
Oh, I just love seeing all those sweet little babies!!! Gives us such hope back here!!
ReplyDeleteBoy, have you guys been busy! What a coincidence that you would meet the baby from the video...and then end up running into the family again in a city of 8 million! Just goes to show you that there is a bigger plan!
Keep up the great attitudes and spirits. Know you have lots and lots of us praying for a resolution to that darn strike!!!
Take care,
Patsy and boys
Johnny, Julie is right...What's up with only one edition of the Man Blog? "We want more!" "We want more!" "We want more!"...hint, hint!
ReplyDeleteMary Jaenisch