Hello!
I belong to an online facebook group for Colombian adoptive families. When we received our referral for Manny, I posted his picture on the group's page announcing our referral. One of the women that is on the facebook group sent a message telling us that she recognized the referral picture and is pretty sure she has a video of him!
She and her husband had just visited Colombia in July with their daughter they had adopted two years ago. They toured the orphanage they had adopted her from, which happens to be Los Pisingos. During the tour, they had their video camera rolling. A nurse caring for a baby in the nursery noticed the family as they were walking through and came out with the baby she was caring for.
We are 99.99% sure that the baby in the video is Manny! I have posted the video below. For some reason, I couldn't get it to post in color, but you can still get his facial features. I also took some still shots from the video to compare side by side with his referral picture and that's what made us sure it's him. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Lots of Love,
Dulcie and Johnny
P.S. - Still no travel dates, but maybe tomorrow (Monday). It's my birthday, so what a great present that would be!
Sure looks like Manny to me! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteDulcie and Johnny! What a gift! I think that's Marissa, right? Wow! That's awesome! Of course, you knew he'd be even cuter in person than the referral photo (I don't think I've seen any referral photos that actually look like the REAL child!). Wowee ... and a VERY happy birthday to you today Dulcie!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...could he be any cuter??? What a gift to have an actual video! Is the perma-smile fading yet? It won't for a long time! Enjoy it!!!
ReplyDeletePatsy, Jon, Will and Jake
That is so cool! He is absolutely adorable too! Makes me a little "misty" just watching it. Happy Birthday again, Dulc! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteKellie said it all, that is just awesome!! He looks like he must be a favorite out of the group and gets lots of love and attention!! Super cute!! Happy Birthday Dulc!
ReplyDeleteHe is soooo cute!!! What a special gift to be able to see more of him before you even get there! He was sure worth the wait!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Dulcie!!!
Brian, Mary, Lauren & Ben
We are very happy to see you have received the video we sent, and even happier to know you agree it is Manny! He certainly is a sweet little guy! I remember him quite well! He is definately loved much by the caregivers there (and Marisa!), but I am sure he can't wait for Mommy and Daddy to get there! We are glad we could give you a little glimpse of your baby boy while you wait to receive him.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jeff, Jennifer and Marisa
Isn't he cute?! I think it is so funny when you see the referral photos, the babies always look so huge and then you see a different photo and you realize they are so tiny! They must use a major zoom on those referral photos :) What an amazing thing to have the video!! Now I know you are going crazy trying to find your travel dates so you can GET HIM! Jodi
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to read your news!!! I'm sure you're over the moon! Hearty congratulations, he's gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteWe are just so THRILLED that the referal has finally happened. I am ready to pack your bags for you! You are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime and it is so worth it. CONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteArne, Patty and Sammy