Friday, October 17, 2008

Oct 17, 2008

We are back in Bogota!

We are back to our home away from home, and got a very warm reception when we got back to Hotel Paris.  What a great place!  This will be a quick post since we are wiped out.  I'll post more tomorrow with pictures after I've had a good nights sleep.  

Manny is sleeping safe and sound in the suitcase.  Yes, you read it right, the suitcase!  We tried to put him down in the crib tonight and he was so fussy and squirming everywhere, so I decided to make up the suitcase and set it in the crib, and he fell asleep right away!  Maybe it's just the familiar while he's adjusting to another move?  Personally, I like the suitcase, because the crib here is not what you would call up to safety codes and I'm always worried that he'll get his head stuck between the 6" gap between the bars.  A couple of times, I've woken up and seen that he's squirmed his way up in between the bumper and against the crib bars.  (Too close for my comfort!)  I'll leave you with a picture of Manny sleeping in the suitcase.  Good Night.


Love, Dulcie, Johnny and Manny

5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I think the tag on the suitcase proclaims that he belongs to you, too!!
    Best wishes, as always,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The suitcase picture is adorable! Happy to hear you made it back "home", and can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    Patsy and boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dang cute is that? My mom always talks about how we slept in dresser drawers at my Grandmas and how we loved the little nest it made...I guess it's true!
    He is getting so big! Isn't it amazing?
    Hope you hear word soon!
    Love
    Jodi and Crewe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I have to agree with all the other "posters" on the site...that is the custest dang picture ever!!!
    Glad you made it back safe and sound and now you can await the phone call!!!
    Dulcie, girl, you need to get shopping for those last minute treasures!!! I have not heard that you have been to the leather or shoe markets---giddy up!!! You are going to regret not getting there!! Johnny, you can thank me for these comments the next time we see you! :0)
    Mary & all

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. We can't WAIT for you to get home! You sure don't seem anxious though, in your posts. Manny looks so cute in his suitcase. Reminds me of how Nils slept for the first 4 months in his car seat in his crib! Still likes to be snuggled in. :) Hope all goes well for a return home next week! Yahoo!!

    ReplyDelete