We have just had the best day of our lives! I'm mostly going to post pictures and video, because I know that's what everyone wants to see! We had our presentation around 3:45 this afternoon at the private home of one of the board members of Los Pisingos. It was a beautiful penthouse apartment. It couldn't have been more perfect. Johnny and I arrived, and received Manny within 10 minutes.
We were only there for about 30 minutes, when the taxi showed up and we had to rush downstairs. He fell asleep in the taxi on the way back to the hotel, and then slept for another 20-25 minutes. He is very calm, content and happy. We had dinner in the dining room downstairs with all of the other families and he was just happy to sit and watch all the other babies and kids at the other tables. I had him in the baby bjorn while we ate, and he loved that. After dinner, we had a Skype call with Grandma and Grampa Karels and his Auntie Karissa and Uncle Josh. Skype is such a wonderful invention!
He fell asleep on Johnny's lap while we were talking on Skype. It was so cute and everyone got to see him fall asleep online! We changed his diaper and got his jammies on, and he woke up, but not for long. He's sleeping peacefully in his playpen next the bed right now. He looks like a little angel : )
Well, enough babbling, and down to the pictures!



HE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! You just look so natural as parents already! Did we tell you he would be worth the wait or what?!?!?! We can't stop smiling for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood thing you posted pictures when you did as we were gettin' restless here!!! I guess we can allow you to ooh and ahh over Manny and enjoy being a family but don't forget your adoring fans back home!!! :0)
Enjoy your first night as a new family!!! Congratulations!!!!
Brian, Mary, Lauren & Ben
Dulcie and Johnny - We are so happy for you! He is absolutely adorable! Can't wait to meet Manny in person. Enjoy the rest of your time in Columbia.
ReplyDeleteJoanne, Tim, Lauren, Emma and Andrew
Congratulations! The woman whose home you were in was the woman who met with us about Murphy's history. I can't remember her name but she was really nice. Enjoy your first night together!
ReplyDeleteOh. My. Goodness. First, he is absolutely adorable and I can't believe that we had our presentation in the EXACT SAME ROOM almost six months ago!!! How amazing, and then, just from your one picture, I realize you are in the EXACT SAME ROOM that I was in with Santiago for most of our trip (first on the left upstairs?)! And I loved that room! Wow, I am unbelievably overjoyed for you!!! What a beautiful boy, and I hope you're surviving the first night okay. If you're anything like us, you are completley unprepared for real parenting (as I hope, for the sake of my integrity, most people are). It can be challenging, and just email or skype if you want to chat!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you Johnny, Dulcie & Manny!
Kate, Ryan & Santiago
Congrats!! We are so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteDo you think you'll get any sleep or will you stay up all night long watching that beautifal little angel. The pictures of you holding and kissing him are truely priceless. Finally, finally. We will probably wear out my laptop watching the slide show over & over. Enjoy every moment. Love the Notch's
What a wonderful way to wake up in the morning, drinking coffee (Colombian of course), reading your blog and seeing the slide show of a VERY happy Mami and Papi!!!! With tears of joy running down my face I might add.
ReplyDeleteNow that you're a Mommy and Daddy, people will come up to you and say that he is so lucky to have you...but you know in your hearts that YOU GUYS are the lucky ones. It IS all worth it isn't it? If it was any shorter or longer of a wait, it wouldn't be little Manny.
He is beautiful! Congratulations! We are so happy for you! There I go crying again. Say hello to Colombia for us.
Smooch
Familia de Kern
Kurt, Phyllis and Lucy
OK, it's me again and yes I AM stalking you:) Here I thought I was the first one at the Kern household to see the post/pics and Kurt saw them last night already! I admit, I fell asleep early last night but still.
ReplyDeleteAnyway...Your happy faces sparked a conversation this morning. We were chatting about our gotcha day and thinking back how awesome and overwhelming the whole thing was when Kurt said, "Remember that first night? It was the best/worst night!" Best because of all those obvious reasons and the worst because of being so jazzed from the best day of your life, can't sleep and the fact that we flew out of bed every time that precious little girl of ours sighed, tooted or coughed! No sleep was had and that next morning a love of Colombian coffee was born!
Have a similiar night last night?
Smooch
PK
I agree with Phyllis on the first night. Murphy was out of her element that first day so she didn't sleep well. Neither did we. And in those tiny rooms you hear every single noise coming from that crib. If you are in the room that Kate says, we were in the room two doors to your right. The even tinier one. But the tiny room doesn't matter and neither does the sleep. You have your child with you and that's what's important!
ReplyDeleteOMG~ He is absolutely gorgeous! And he looks so completely different! He has really filled out! I am coming down right now to adopt another! (I am not joking :P What an awesome family and what an awesome feeling, I remember those days so well! And I know Mary and I HATE to say it BUT NOW YOU KNOW WHY HE WAS WORTH ALL THE WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING! He is perfect! Enjoy!!! Please tell Cecilia nad all at LP Hello from our family! Jodi and Crewe
ReplyDeleteDulcie & Johnny,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on finally receiving your beautiful little boy. We are friends of the Jaenisch family and have been watching your journey and sending you good wishes all along the way. Enjoy your family time in Colombia and we look forward to more pictures!
Best Wishes,
Don, Julie & Ryan Ward
Congrats on your new little one- he is adorable and looks like he is very content with both of you!! Can't wait to meet him soon and for you all to be home
ReplyDeleteAngie
Manny,
ReplyDeleteWelcome to your new family! We couldn't be happier for you all! Nearly everytime I've spoken with Tina the last few years, I always ask about you guys. Finally, finally, finally you have your little man. Seeing the three of you together brings tears to my eyes. Can't wait to meet him.
All our love,
Jackie Notch (one of Larry's sisters) and Tim O'Reilly
Congratulations!! We had to sneak a peek at the happy family while on our vacation, and the pictures were worth the peek!! You all look so happy. Manny is absolutely beautiful!! Can't wait to hear about all your adventures together.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Patsy, Jon, Will and Jake
Congrats, Dulcie and Johnny and, of course, to Manny, too. I will have Great Grandma Karels come over maybe tonight so she can see the pictures. We'll be waiting for you to come to Bellingham!!! Lotz of love to all of you.
ReplyDeleteSusy and Dick