TGIF doesn't really mean anything here in Bogota, since the days are all jumbled together. We had another day out and about today. We took quite a long walk to the uni-centro, which is a mall. We didn't realize how long it would take to get there, and I think we took a longer route than we needed to, but it was nice to see some new scenery. On the way back to the hotel, we took the shorter route, and saw more new scenery.
The way back was definitely a challenge with the stroller. There was a lot of sidewalk construction going on, so we had to lift and carry the stroller in many spots. It's kind of a toss up on whether or not to use the Baby Bjorn or a stroller. The Bjorn allows you more mobility, but the stroller is good for storing the diaper bag and any purchases you make on your outing. Manny loves to ride in either, so I guess it's up to us : )
Dr. Maria Clemencia made a house call today to give Manny a checkup. We asked her to look through all of the medical records that we received from Los Pisingos and everything looks good there. She said that he is a big strong boy. He's healthy and happy, and that's all we could ask for. We hope everyone has a great weekend!
Love,
Dulcie, Johnny and Manny



Hello!
ReplyDeleteJust home from our trip to Alaska today, and had to check in once again. You all look like you are adjusting well! Does it feel real yet? I think that those first couple days/weeks you just go on adrenaline!! Manny is cuter than cute (and actually reminds us A LOT of our 3 year old, Will--seriously, we will have to send you some pictures of him from when we were in Colombia, the hair and rolls of chub or something :-) ). Anyway, it is SO much fun seeing you out and about and enjoying the beautiful and city, and just being a family. Though we will miss you at the LSS picnic this weekend, we are so happy for the reason!!
Take care,
Patsy and boys
Happy Saturday! We are off to the Cities to spend the day and then the picnic tomorrow...we will miss you and I am sure your names will come up often in conversation!
ReplyDeleteBogota Beer Co is one of our favorites there...good American greasy food...burgers, fries, patty melts, etc. Beer is not bad either :0) They also sell logo hats, sweatshirts, etc so makes a fun souvenier!
Enjoy your weekend! Just think how you were running around like crazy people last weekend! Lots can change in a week!!! 0)
Brian, Mary, Lauren & Ben
Congratulations Becker Family! I saw your blog from the Hayden's caringbridge site...I too, am an adoptive mom to 2 Los Pisingos children (just submitted our dossier to LP for our 3rd)! I couldn't help but have tears in my eyes as I watched your U Tube! You have a muy lindo hermono! God bless your journey in Bogota, and at Zuetana! They will take great care of you, and you will be blessed by spending some weeks with the Hayden Family! Congrats again! Kristi (mom to Isabel and Silas, Los Pisingos, 2003 and 2006)
ReplyDeletewww.caringbridge.org/visit/silas
Sweet baby boy!! We've all been watching at good old american blvd this week. You all look fantastic - all together at last! I'm so glad you are enjoying a slower pace and enjoying every minute... and taking a ton of pics! Great job mama!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the club - it is certainly where you two belong! You are naturals at this parent business! Kisses to Handsome Manny! I just love his name - perfect!
Colleen & fam
Hi Guys,
ReplyDeleteI have been checking your website out... and I kept thinkin ghow do we tell you how GORGEOUS your baby looks!!!! Well I just realized we could send you a note!!!!
OMG!!! He is so adorable - I cant wait to hug him and kiss his beautiful little-big cheeks!!!
I am soo excited for you - Thanks so much for sharing your experieince! It has such a wonderful ending!!!
Love you !
Amy D.
Sammy had the same DR!!! Good to hear everything looks well!~
ReplyDelete