Friday, September 26, 2008

Hola!

We moved to our new hotel yesterday and we love it! The room is bigger and brighter. Juanita is the best cook and comes out while we are eating to make sure we are enjoying it. She wants to hold Manny and brings him back to the kitchen with the other staff, while we are eating. It's also been great, being back in the same hotel with The Haydens. Ellie and I have become great friends : ) We had some playtime out in the courtyard at the hotel after lunch today. We were doing some balance beam practice on the cement border of the sidewalk. For those of you who know how clumsy I am, you'll be surprised to see that I still have some of the old balance beam moves in me!

The slideshow below has more pictures of the beautiful Flowers here in Colombia. This country is also known for their exotic fruits that you can't find anywhere else in the world. At lunch today we had a fruit called Granadilla. You cut open the top and spoon out the nectar and eat it. The look of it, can be quite off putting, but after a taste, I found it had a great flavor. You definitely have to get past the texture! You'll see in the picture!

Manny has been a little fussy the last couple days, and we're not quite sure if he's not feeling well, if he's teething, or if he needs more food! We decided to try and give him some rice cereal today. He had about 5-6 bites and then got impatient and wanted instant gratification from the bottle. (Mamma's little piggy - He even snorts) The Haydens have been so helpful with parenting advise for us first time parents!

One last note. . . Johnny keeps talking big about writing his own "Man Blog" as a guide for future Colombian Adoptive Dads. I think he needs a little encouragement to get started!

Love, Dulcie Johnny and Manny


5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny here:
    It looks like Dulcie has thrown down the gauntlet, so I formally accept your challenge.

    Ladies & Gentlemen please stay tuned for the first installment of Johnny's Man-Blog for adoptive fathers!

    Chao...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Johnny, I think that's a great idea! I'm sure you can tell about getting up at night to feed Manny, too, right????? I'm so glad you guys are keeping this going every few days...I feel like I'm glued to it! Again, best wishes for a fast process, but it doesn't look that way!
    Love, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Great to talk to you guys tonight! Isn't the Colombian flora amazing? I remember seeing a gerinium there the size of a bush!

    Kurt says the granadilla has the texture of snot:) I thought it tasted great.

    We hope the strike ends soon!
    Give Adriana a hug from us.
    Take care
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, how ironic, we are celebrating Ava (our youngest LP baby) Gotcha Day today...so it was awesome to show her your photos of LP. She has been talking lots about Colombia so hope this ties in a little more for her. It is SUCH an amazing place (LP) all three of our children were lucky enough to live their first weeks there. Please tell everyone there Hello from the Mongovens. Jodi and Crewe

    ReplyDelete